Saturday, September 24, 2016

Surrender before the cross

In Matt 26:36-46, our Lord was going through something that probably made him feel more human to me than any other time.  He was fighting for surrender.  In knowing he would be separated from His Father because of sin he would carry.  He would be alone because not only God but his friends would abandon him.  Surrender is a challenging prospect to think that we would have to do in our lives, but sometimes it is easy for us to surrender.  Some of us it may take a long time and the truth is a few of us will go to the grave, never surrendering your life to God's will for your life.  I have been praying a lot for surrender.  For the past several months, I have had insecurities about my job situation.  My contract was to run out next year and I was not sure if we would live here.  I have had a number of interviews, one even being in my hometown and one recently, about 2 weeks ago for a position here.  I never heard from the one in Abq, but I heard on Tuesday for the one here, not only was more money, more responsibility, but it came at the perfect time when my heart was surrendered. I know I could have this surrender because I have the example of Jesus going before the cross.  

No comments:

Post a Comment